Freezing winter temperatures are officially upon us and on some days you may not fell like wearing anything other than simple winter basics: a plush sweater, soft joggers, and UGG boots.
But there’s a whole lot of stylish trends that will undoubtedly inspire you to go beyond the usual winter staples. And some of these trendy outfits are very cozy too!
Here are the most wearable winter 2023 fashion trends and some styling recommendations on how to incorporate them into your everyday life.
Winter 2023 Fashion Trend #1: Denim – Wider, Looser Jeans
Don’t hang onto skinny jeans and resist the roomy jeans trend, this is the moment to jump in.
Denim did a 180 degree turn: Bye-bye skinny jeans! Hello loose fitting jeans!
- Light, dark, medium wash – all denim colors are in!
- To get a classic look: try a relaxed straight cut, boot cut or flared jean.
- For a stylish leap forward, try a wide-leg style.
- It’s all about the fit of the jean: it’s loose in the waist, hip, not overly baggy. No rips, no tears!
- It’s a very versatile jean, it’s looser in the leg, it gives you opportunity to show shoes (you can cuff them up)
- Cropped jeans are popular, but if you are petite, the cropped jeans can shorten you. To lengthen your leg – go for a longer flare.
What we wore in the past: with skinny jeans we wore longer, baggy tops, flowy, looser blouses.
What we should wear now: with straight jeans – shorter tops and cropped vests.
Winter 2023 Fashion Trend #2: Chunky Oversized Knit Sweater
Winter 2023 is bringing up a new sweater style – an oversized sweater.
The rule is just one – the chunkier – the better.
All types of cozy comfy big sweaters are in!
When you want to look sophisticated, go for a more effortless fashion option. Instead of a trendy chunky oversized sweater put on a classy cable knit sweater.
A cable knit sweater has a chic charm that lasts throughout the season. It can be paired with dark denim jeans or classic tailored pants.
Winter 2023 Fashion Trend #3: Oversized Knitted Vest
This is the enduring style symbol – vest is in fashion for winter 2023.
Embrace the vest in new forms: oversized, cropped and cable knit vests.
An oversized cable knit vest styled with mini skirt, over a mini dress, or wide-leg pants will become the ultimate item in your urban winter wardrobe.
Winter 2023 Fashion Trend #4: Pant Suits
Pant suits are in in 2023!
- Cigarette style pants
- Loose pants
- Bright colors (be careful with them!)
- 3 piece suits with vests
Winter 2023 Fashion Trend #5: Oversized Blazers
Blazers instantly elevate any look and balance the body perfectly.
A good blazer is the perfect piece for the ‘clean girl aesthetic’ trends. But it is also a timeless piece to invest in.
- Pair your blazer with a dress and sneakers for an interesting and balanced brunch look
- Wear your blazer with loose fit or classic fit pants
- Blazers can also elevate your casual graphic tee and jeans
Winter 2023 Fashion Trend #6: Rib-knit Dresses and Wear-with-boots Dresses
How many times have you reached for a dress on a chilly day and wished it looked OK with your winter boots?
The problem is that dresses that are too short or too tailored have the wrong proportions and style for boots.
Leave the mini dress-and-boot pairing to millennials, and get yourself a mid-calf sweater dress.
- Pair a sweater dress with high boots or booties for a trendy look
- Criss-cross dresses elongate the torso, draw attention to your waist and create curves.
- Wrap dresses are universally flattering for all body shapes (even for busty, curvy types) and hide any bulk around your tummy
- Stick to the color that is not super trendy, but matches your skin tone (that matches your color palette)
Winter 2023 Fashion Trend #7: Big Chunky Jewelry
Statement cuffs, large statement earrings and larger-than-life links are among the top Winter 2023 jewelry trends. Super big, super statement, super fun!
- Chunky Chain Necklace,
- Large statement earrings
- Sculptural earrings
- Chunky cuff bracelets
- Multi-finger rings
- Necklaces with colored gems
Winter 2023 Fashion Trend #8: Lug Sole Shoes And Combat Boots
Lug sole boots and loafers were a popular trend of the fall and winter 2022 season, and it will continue to be hot in 2023. The best thing about these boots and shoes is that they’re not only fashionable and available in a variety of styles and colors, but they’re super comfortable and practical in the colder weather.
Loafers started life as a preppy basic but have gained fashion cred lately. Think of this season’s loafers as a sturdier, more supportive alternative to ballet flats.
Combat boots never seem to go out of style in today’s world. They are sturdy, highly functional, and very on-trend.
- When shopping for shoes, remember: the chunkier, the better!
- One of the top trends: loafers with attitude
- The chunky loafer that features a 2.5-inch will add a little extra height to your look.
- Try a slim, tapered style in an unexpected color.
- Black and white color block loafers will look stylish with any outfit
Some items are timeless, like a little black dress or a white button-down blouse, while others come in and out of fashion with the season, like ripped jeans or neon tank tops.
We are constantly being influenced by the fashions before us, nostalgia for eras past, the economy, social media, that’s why fashion trends are cyclical and trends always come back.
But what you buy for your wardrobe should reflect your style, what you like to wear, and what you feel most beautiful in.
Style Fix Studio offers a range of personal styling services for men and women from Closet Audit, to Personal Styling Service with a Try-on Session, to Total Image Makeovers Services for all ages. Contact Style Fix Studio today to schedule a consultation. Transform your look, transform your life!